Unfortunately, there are reasons we have to expel a child from our program either on a short term or permanent basis. We will do everything possible to work with family in order to prevent this policy from being enforced. The following are reasons we may have to expel or suspend a child from this center.
Immediate Cause for Expulsion:
- The child is at risk for causing injury to other children or themselves.
- Parent threatens physical or intimidating actions toward staff members.
- Parent exhibits verbal abuse to staff in front of enrolled children.
Parental Actions for Child’s Expulsions:
- Failure to pay tuition or late fees.
- Failure to complete required forms including providing child’s immunization records.
- Habitual tardiness when picking up your child.
- Verbal abuse to staff members.
Child’s Action for Expulsion:
- Failure of child to adjust to program after a reasonable amount time.
- Uncontrollable tantrums and angry outburst.
- Physical or verbal abuse to staff or other children.
If after the remedial actions have not worked, the child’s parent will be advised verbally and in writing about the child’s or parents behavior warranting an expulsion. An expulsion action is meant to be a period of time so the parent may work on the child’s behavior or to come to an agreement with the center.
A child will not be expelled if a parent:
- Made a complaint to the Office of Licensing regarding a center’s violations.
- Reported abuse or neglect occurring at the center.
- Questioned the center regarding policies and procedures.
- Without giving the parent sufficient time to make other child care arrangements.
Proactive actions that will be taken in order to prevent expulsion will be used from the center’s Policy on Guidelines for Positive Discipline.